Friday, April 11, 2008

OUT!!! OUT!!! OUT!!!

We got "THE CALL" yesterday. We are OUT of PGN!!! The agency says we should travel for pick up in 4-6 weeks! For as long as this process has taken (almost two years) the fact that we are out is almost surreal! So now you're all wondering what's next? We now wait for a new birth certificate and passport which are then submitted with our other paperwork to the embassy in Guatemala. The embassy authorizes the 2nd DNA test (to make sure the child at the end of the process is the same as the one tested at the beginning of the process) which in Guatemala adoption circles is called Orange. Then the 2nd DNA test is done and sent to a lab here in the US. The lab confirms the match and sends the results back to the embassy. A few days later we are issued Pink-our visa appointment at the embassy. I'm not sure how much the agency will communicate with us on all of these steps, but if they tell me I'll post them here. Thanks for checking in and sticking with us through all of this!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAHOOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eun and Colin

Anonymous said...

Prayer answered!!!
Peeka/Bugga

Unknown said...

Hip, Hip, Horray! What great news! We've been checking in frequently, and it's so good to see this step, finally! We pray the remaining steps will go smoothly. Jesse says "Hi". Take care. Chris, Lenae, Anna, and Jesse.

Kim said...

I am so happy to hear that Ezra is coming HOME!!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys! Now, hopefully we're next!!

Our Girls said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- FINALLY, YOU know the END is NEAR to get him home!!!!! This was the hardest WAIT for us, knowing they are coming and the time goes slow and then BAM, it is here!
I am SO happy for you! I can not wait to be at the Airport, Watching YOUR New Family step off to Minnesota! :)

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled!!! Zack can't wait to meet his new cousin!
Molly

Anonymous said...

Saying prayers of thanksgiving!
What an exciting time for your family!
Cathie

Jenn said...

I found your blog through Kim's. We found out we were out of PGN on Friday too! I am so excited for you guys and will be praying that this next part goes smoothly for you guys!

Anonymous said...

An internet friend of mine, Keri K., told me about your blog. We too got out of PGN on Friday! WooHoo! Here's to a speedy birth certificate, passport and PINK!

Tana

tana_coleman@hotmail.com

Laura said...

Congratulations, Tracy! I've been thinking about you and Ezra, trying to check in to see how things are going. I am so happy for you and your family! Take care, my prayers are with you as you complete this arduous process!

Laura Dumont

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

Katie said...

WOOHOO !! Great News !!